Attention ladies and gentleman! A heat wave has stuck Los Angeles, and….. I couldn’t be happier!! =)
Being the east coast native that I am, I can soundly say the main reason I moved here was for the weather. I was sick of the winters, ice, and the snow. I wanted hot! And this is exactly the temperatures I have been waiting for. It’s about 100 degrees back home, but that brings me to the important point that I prefer this dry heat no humidity thing LA has got going on. But if you are like the rest of humanity, and the other lovely LA Publicists in this office, you might be getting tired of the heat and are feeling its drag on yourself as well as your day!
So I have compiled what I like to call “Susanne’s 5 top tips for enjoying the heat to it’s fullest” list to share with all you!
1) Stay hydrated and you’ll always feel better!! Drink that h20, or a nice cold frozen drink (sans alcholol of course 😉 ) or my favorite : a refreshing chilled coconut water from Taste Nirvana. What I even like to do is pour the coconut water into my ice cube trays to make ice cubes that add a sweet flavor to any drink!
2) Scream for ice cream! There is no better excuse to enjoy your favorite cold treat then when the weather gets real hot! Whether (ha!) it be tracking down that adorable ice cream truck that drives by your apartment with your buddies, hitting up your favorite shop, or making your own treats, it’s a fun way to momentarily beat the heat!
3) Plan a beach trip! This is a no brainer to me. When its this warm up in the city, you can pretty much be sure that its just about the perfect temperature down by the beach to lay out and catch some rays. Grab that good book you’ve been dying to read and your favorite play list and relax with the ocean breeze. Just remember to bring that sunscreen and wear your #’s!
4) Plan an adventure! If the beach isn’t quite your cup of tea, then I suggest taking the kiddies/friends to a water park! Knott’s Berry Farms or Six Flags, there’s no better way to feel like a kid again and stay cool!
5) And if all else fails, there’s nothing better than that invention known as air conditioning!