I’m excited to report that yesterday marked my one week anniversary of working at this amazing Los Angeles public relations agency. Not only is this a new job for me, but living in LA is also a completely new experience as I just moved out here from the Big Apple! Besides the weather, here are my top five favorite things about being a publicist, Los Angeles style:
1. LA PR guys & gals are just as warm as the weather! Moving to a new PR agency is never an easy thing –new clients, new people, and a new location is a recipe for stress. But thanks to Konnect’s PR Rock Stars, I felt at home right away.
2. I’ve never worked at a public relations firm with pink walls before – but I’m definitely not complaining. It may just be paint, but this colorful office sets a fun vibe and helps to keep our energy up throughout the day…with a little help from our coffee!
3. No more New York subways for me! LA traffic may be bad, but it also gives me time to catch up on my news in the morning. Being a public relations girl means I need to be on top of it, and thanks to the freeway and my Cup of Joe, I’m ready to hit the ground running each day when I walk through the Konnect doors!
4. Being in Downtown LA is great for my New Yorker ways. I was sad to leave the sky scrapers behind but to my surprise, I still get to work in one! Better yet, I have Palm Trees right outside my window and Starbucks is still only a block away from this PR Agency.
5. I just LOVE PR! It doesn’t get any better than working in an industry I love while living in a place I love. This PR firm is great and I can’t wait to see what the next few months have in store for me!
Until Next Time!