To follow or not to follow, that is the question.
We love seeing a client’s fans engaging with them on social media. But fostering a thriving social community isn’t always easy.
How do you keep fans engaged on social media? What compels a potential customer to follow and stay connected with a brand online?
Here are five ways to connect with your fans on social media:
- Engage, engage, engage: Interact with your followers as often as possible! This goes beyond answering questions or addressing complaints (although that is a must too!) Say thank-you when a customer compliments the brand, favorite a clever brand-related tweet, and re-post fan content on Instagram. There are dozens of ways to interact with fans on every channel.
- Stay relevant: Make social media one of the first places to announce a new product, event or news piece for your brand! Fans follow you on social media because they are interested in what your brand is up to on a regular basis. Give them a reason to stay connected by keeping content (and your brand as whole) fresh and alive.
- Give what you got: Giveaways are a great way to catch your fans’ interest. Offer social-exclusive coupons and fun contests for your newest or most popular product. Make sure each giveaway is a little different. Creativity is key here!
- Share the love: Encourage fans to share their own brand-related content, acknowledging when they do, and share their content on your brand’s channels. Not only does this personalize your brand, but it gives you a direct connection with your most loyal fans.
- Keep it simple: Short and sweet is the name of the game in social media. Keep content short, relevant and interesting. Make sure each post is in-line with the brand voice. Social media channels are the perfect platforms for bringing your brand’s personality to life.
At the end of the day, the most important thing to remember about your fans is that they are human. Humans like to be appreciated and feel like they’re being heard.
Foster friendly conversations, provide value to your customers and reward your fans for following, and your brand will have a vibrant social community in no time!