At a public relations agency, it is essential to be up-to-date on the latest and greatest news. Understanding what is going on in the news is, of course, personally fulfilling, but also leads to great brainstorms for ways current news and trends impact our clients. Thus, every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday the Konnect PR team assembles to share their findings of the day. Personally, I really appreciate this time to share in our community at Konnect PR and to hear about articles and features that may be directly related to our clients or simply to life events. Additionally, our weekly Newsflash time creates a forum for our team to share across divisions. For example, someone in the Baby & Children division may see a piece of news that could benefit the Franchise team. Or, the Food & Beverage division may come across a headline that would be applicable to a Lifestyle client. Two heads (or twenty) are better than one! KPR team members have returned to Newsflash with exciting news that our weekly previous Newsflashes have resulted in a successful pitch and placement for a client. This is just another amazing example of the quality, successful teamwork that is fostered through Newsflash.
Here are a few tidbits of news from today:
- There are a plethora of fab summer recipes that we can’t wait to try out!
- Ringly is a new line of rings that connects consumers to their cellphones through fashionable wearable technology.
- Ellen DeGeneres is the latest star to have their own lifestyle and home goods brand.
- Siri’s response to “What is zero divided by zero?” is quite sassy.
- The United States team is advancing to the Women’s World Cup finals.
- Misty Copeland became the first African-American female principal dancer at New York’s American Ballet Theatre today.
- Ben and Jen broke up, and we are devastated.
Some Newsflashes are silly, but overall they are useful and spark creativity in a joint effort in research and pitching. This is an opportunity to share news across divisions from a variety of outlets. Looking forward to tomorrow’s Newsflash to hear what’s making headlines!