We’ve all been there– you find a writer who you just know would be perfect to write about your client’s latest news– but wait! Where’s this person’s contact information and why is s/he so hard to track down?!
In a profession like Public Relations, which requires you to be well connected, it’s important to both be able to find the right contacts to pitch and also know how to get in contact with that person. Here are a few tips I find helpful when in pursuit of contact information:
- Check Cision
- Google her name along with the words “contact” and “email”
- Check her Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin… etc.
- If you know her organization/ company– pick up the phone and call to inquire your contact’s info!
- Email the general company’s address and see if someone can connect you.
- If all else fails, ask your wonderful fellow publicists at Konnect if they know how to get in touch with your person of interest 🙂
Don’t give up and happy stalking!