It’s a known fact: PR is one of the most demanding, high stress jobs one can have. When you know each day will come with its own set of challenges, PR pros have to find creative ways to combat stress. And how do we do that at Konnect Austin? We go for lunch break power walks. Here are some of the benefits of work day walking.
1. De-stress– Physically moving and taking your mind off a project does wonders to clear your head. When you return, you are less tense and have a new perspective.
3. Protect Your Heart- A number of studies have shown that people who walk briskly for more than three hours a week had a significant drop in their risk for heart disease. Do the math and that comes out to less than 30 minutes a day – more than enough time to listen to half of Justin Bieber’s new album.
4. Re-energized– Heavy lunches tend to lead to a workday crash. Avoid the 3 pm slump with a brisk walk that will help increase your creativity and productivity through the afternoon.
5. Fresh Air– Take a break from the florescent lights, computer screens and indoor air with a dose of vitamin D. With the sun setting earlier and earlier, lunch break is one of the few times to catch some rays.
6. Build a Relationship– If you don’t clear your thoughts solo, expand a relationship with a co-worker. It’s a great time to brainstorm pitch ideas or get to know your co-workers better.
How do you make the most of your lunch break? Let us know in the comments!