Not only are the holidays a hectic, albeit amazing time of year, they also prove to be a busy and buzzworthy time for PR professionals. PR agencies have the responsibility of getting their clients coverage in as many holiday gift guides as humanly possible. The task is not generally an easy feat. However have a few tips that will help get your client the coverage they want!
- ALWAYS CHECK EDITORIAL CALENDARS. It is a crucial planning tool to check the editorial lineup of the publications you are pitching. Publications will usually detail deadlines as well as specific products, themes, and price points that they are interested in for the gift guide.
- FIND THE CORRECT CONTACT. A surefire way to fail at getting your client into a gift guide is pitching the wrong person. Not to mention, it makes you and your PR Firm look as though you have not done proper research. Don’t be afraid to call an editorial department and ask who the best contact is.
- BE CREATIVE AND THOROUGH. Explain why your product is the best fit for their gift guide and why it will stand out. When doing so, be concise and to the point.
- SPRUCE UP YOUR PITCH. Catching the writer’s attention is a must! Make sure to catch their eye with a creative and informative subject line. Keep their attention with a colorful image of the product that you are pitching.
- TRIPLE CHECK. Make sure you always go back and double, even triple check that you have included all of the necessary information regarding your product; price, availability, colors, and always link back to the products web page.