The New Year is in full speed and chances are you already have a full plate of things to do. Don’t worry, we have 10 tips and tricks to manage your time more effectively in 2016. Whether time flies or drags, these time management hacks will help get your life and work projects in order in a timely manner. Practice the following methods to become a master of time!
- Organize schedules with a functional planner that will help categorize everything on your to-do list as well as important meetings and events. We suggest one of Blue Sky’s Day Designer planners that features tabbed weekly and monthly calendars with plenty of writing space. These planners also break down days hourly, which is perfect for daily planning to make sure no tasks are left unfinished! This will help you visually understand how much needs to be accomplished to produce long-term results.
- Take the first 15 minutes of every day planning the upcoming day. Doing this will help keep you on track to success and make sure no task is left forgotten.
- Utilize a “Do Not Disturb” sign in need of emergencies when you really need to focus on tight deadlines. This will help inform others that concentration is key at this time.
- Block out office distractions with a pair of headphones and light music. This will help retain focus and limit distraction by nearby chatter or co-workers clicking at their keyboard.
- Turn off personal social media sites during working hours. Don’t let Aunt Judy’s constant recipe posts divert you from all of those media pitches you have to send out by 9 a.m.!
- Don’t respond to emails just because they pop up when you’re in the middle of a task. Finish what you’re working on and get back to those emails after. Replying immediately just takes you away from actually finishing tasks and will cause stress in the long-run.
- Keep a pad of paper on your desk for continuous thoughts. Jotting down notions will help you stay on task and keep you from forgetting ideas. You can always come back to these after completing your current to-do list.
- Never be afraid to say NO! Successful people have the confidence to decline when they are just too busy to accept other projects. Saying no will also keep you on track to success with your current assignments. Don’t overwhelm yourself if you already know that you’re on the path to drowning.
- Do one thing at a time and stop multitasking! Multitasking is very disrupting to assignment accomplishment and can even cause confusion in the long-run. It can make you feel as if you aren’t actually finishing anything.
- Accept that work is never done. There is always more than can be completed and even more that should be done. Once you accept that your to-do list will always be never-ending, you can produce more success instead of stress.
May the odds be ever in your favor!