When the idea of a pot luck circled around our Los Angeles Public Relations office, I immediately jumped on board. I mean what’s not to love about an office pot luck… There’s food, food and well more food. I know what you’re thinking… not another pot luck but here’s four reasons why the office pot luck is making a come-back.
- Face to face communication – Working at a PR agency we are constantly on our computers and phones. A pot luck is a great way to step away from the screen and organically connect with your co-workers.
- Team building – Gives everyone the opportunity to mingle with people you don’t directly work with or interact with every day.
- New ideas- Encourages unstructured casual conversation, which will often deepen the relationships of all staff and encourage creativity.
- Homemade goodies- Great way to experience different homemade dishes and spice up that boring store brought office salad that you usually have for lunch.
If you don’t believe me, check out a few of my co-workers feedback below….
“Loved having the opportunity to not only taste dishes from around the world, but to also hear the background stories from my coworkers about growing up in different cultures and the foods that defined their lives”.
“It was a great way to get out of the normal day routine and mix things up with other coworkers. Everyone was excited to try and learn about others dishes and it really helped pull us all together outside of our usual work related interactions”
“I loved the International variety of food which highlighted the diversity of our office”
“The caprese with basil gelato was impressive! It definitely was worthy to be on an episode of Top Chef!”
“Team bonding at its finest! I loved getting to try all the fun dishes”
– Amy.C, lover of all thing food