Summer isn’t even over yet, but the media is getting us fall ready already…pumpkin fall ready to be more specific. Just like Christmas, it seems that pumpkin season is getting earlier and earlier year after year and the retail market has reflected it. According to Fortune, between 2011 and 2015, total sales of pumpkin-spiced food grew 79% in the U.S. and is estimated that it is a $361 million industry. Publications including Delish, Washington Post, Fortune, Forbes, TODAY, and more have already begun posting about pumpkin products and offerings. As a food and beverage public relations firm, today we’ll be giving you a few must-have pumpkin products for the fall.
- Of course the first and OG cult-favorite pumpkin product is Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. The company has owned the season over the past few years and this year will surely be no different. To get consumers ready, Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte Twitter account (@therealpsl) officially was back as of August 24, and some stores are advertising that PSL will be returning early September. If you can’t wait, McDonald’s and Dunkin’ Donuts will beat Starbucks to the punch this year. Dunkins’ pumpkin drink will be back on August 28 and McDonald’s will return by the end of August.
- Kit Kat (one of my personal favorite candies) has introduced a Pumpkin Pie flavor. Besides the same crispy wafer all Kit Kats contain, this version will be filled with a pumpkin pie-flavored creme topped with a pumpkin spice coating.
- Halo Top, which was recently named Number 5 to Inc’s 2017 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. also joined in the fun. The brand released their Pumpkin Pie flavor in early August which will be available until the end of November.
And, as a food and beverage PR agency, we couldn’t leave behind our client’s products:
- Take your snacking skills to a whole new level! Living Intentions Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds may give you the satisfying crunch of a game day snack, but every bite contains the superfood goodness of nutritious sprouted seeds, lightly seasoned with mineral-rich Himalayan crystal salt and drizzled with cold pressed olive oil to liven up your day. Enjoy right out of the bag or sprinkled on salads, soups and veggies.
- ONE Bar (www.one1brands.com), has just launched a seasonal Pumpkin Pie variety, perfect for Fall! With 20 grams of protein and only 1 gram of sugar, ONE Bar delivers a festive, delicious flavor for a guilt-free indulgence. Who says you can’t have pumpkin pie for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert? With ONE Bar, take your pumpkin pie as a snack or treat anywhere, on-the-go! ONE Bar’s Pumpkin Pie variety is available for a limited time only this fall at GNC, online and at grocers nationwide.
- Rebel Kitchen Chai Coconut Mylk – This grab-and-go dairy alternative is perfect for chai-lovers looking to skip the line at Starbucks. Made with 4 simple ingredients, it’s free of refined sugar and rich with turmeric, which is known for its anti-inflammatory qualities.