In Public Relations, we thrive in collaborating with each other to create success and here at Konnect, we have the opportunity to travel to meetings and share our ideas to take part in the larger scheme of things when working towards a client’s PR goals.
This week I have the opportunity to visit the Los Angeles PR firm from the Austin location to take part in my first client meeting, and as exciting as this is, I was also nervous at first. However, the more I prepared, the easier it became.
Looking to take your first trip for work? Check out the below tips.
- Double check travel and sleeping arrangements
- Make sure all dates, times and distance is accurate and manageable
- Don’t stress, your team is there for support
- Never feel like you are alone because your team will have your back and with them, you will be able to succeed the way you wish
- Pack lightly and professionally
- Be sure to ask your friends or read up on the best clothing wear to look as professional as possible
- Be sure to review the brand(s) and keep their goals present in your mind
- It is essential to know as much as possible about that brand’s product. You are the master of your role in the client’s eyes and it is expected of you to know the details.
- Review the presentation and work with your team to present smoothly
- Take the necessary time to adequately review the presentation and discuss the areas that everyone will speak upon as well as how each person will be transitioned
Life is about progressing and Konnect definitely gives their employees all of the necessary tools and support for growth not only in their career but in their personal life. Given the opportunity to participate in such important events such as planning meetings is highly beneficial and I have heard that every time it does get easier and you learn something new in each visit.