The food industry is ever-changing and here at the Konnect Agency, our food and beverage team is constantly studying emerging food trends and industry news to inform our PR strategy. After all, as a public relations firm that represents a wide array of innovative, up-and-coming food brands it’s literally our job to stay on top of the most buzz-worthy headlines as soon as they go live.
Below I’ve assembled some exciting food industry updates from the past month in hopes that they will aid fellow food and beverage PR buffs in their ongoing outreach:
- “Fatburger goes public, giving fans a chance to own one of LA’s iconic burger brands,” reports Eater LA
- Fatburger owner Fat Brands Inc. completed its $24 million, Regulation A+ IPO and started trading publicly (NRN)
- This hamburger franchise is now back on the up and up—after some hardships at the peak of the recession, Fatburger began an international expansion that ended up saving the LA-based brand and solidifying its position as a food industry vet.
- Their current plan for growth is to develop 300 stores now that the IPO is closed.
- “What’s buzzing at Panera? It’s buying Au Bon Pain and the CEO is resigning,” reports USA Today
- Panera Bread is buying the cafe restaurant chain that its CEO Ron Shaich co-founded more than three and half decades ago.
- The Au Bon Pain news came half an hour before Shaich announced that he’s stepping down step down as CEO effective Jan. 1, but will remain chairman of Panera’s board of directors.
- “Halo Top, the low-calorie ice cream, is opening a scoop shop in Los Angeles,” reports Los Angeles Times
- Halo Top, the ice cream brand known for its low-calorie pints sold at the grocery store, is about to open its first-ever scoop shop. It’ll be at the Westfield Topanga beginning Nov. 15.
- The announcement comes after the news that Halo Top has dominated its competition by becoming the best-selling ice cream in US grocery stores nationwide (Los Angeles Times)