This past weekend was an eventful time for the Konnect team as we celebrated two exciting client events in LA celebrating ONE Brands’ new BASIX bar and Kite Hill’s Yogurt Tubes for kids. After months of brainstorming, researching and planning, we were thrilled to see how both events came to life so successfully.
ONE Brands BASIX
Hosted by celebrity trainer, Jeanette Jenkins, ONE Brands had the most epic event filled with local fitness influencers, trainers and media. All attendees became ONE on the rooftop of Burn Fitness in Santa Monica by participating in a high-intensity workout! Prior to the workout, guests were all able to mingle, pick-up their swag bags, and sample the new naturally sweetened protein bars that deliver ONE’s signature 20 grams of protein and only 1 gram of sugar. Throughout the entire event, there was nothing but smiles, sweat and laughter as guests enjoyed their time socializing, munching on the bars and engaging with Jeanette to learn her tips and tricks for the perfect bod.
Photo Credit: Jerod Harris
Kite Hill Yogurt Tubes
Kite Hill had the perfect brunch party at Crossroads Kitchen, LA’s most noted vegan restaurant, hosted by Chef Tal Ronnen and actresses Christina Applegate and Emily Deschanel. Konnecr invited parenting influencers, along with media who are interested in kids products and food. This event was so bright and beautiful with fun activities for families to enjoy. From the photobooth to the balloon maker and face painter, this event was filled with happy children running around as they squeezed and enjoyed the yogurt tubes. The brunch menu featured bagels with Kite Hill’s cream cheese, dairy-free yogurt parfait, and a delicious “chicken” and waffles that I can’t seem to stop dreaming about! Safe to say, both children and parents had a phenomenal time celebrating the yogurt tubes, resulting in fantastic social media engagement and content.
Doesn’t it sound like it was so easy? To make these events as memorable as they were, there were a lot of planning and learning moments. Below please find a few tips and tricks to a successful event from a publicist :
- Plan Ahead – When working on an event or more than one at the same time, be sure to plan ahead accordingly because although your priority is to dedicate time to these events, you still have to make sure your everyday tasks and other clients are still taken care of. Personally, talking to my other teams to move tasks around really helped. I also was dedicated to staying later in the evening if it was necessary to make sure everything was taken care of and nothing was left behind during event crunch time.
- Research – Take serious time to deep dive into researching the right people to invite, as it takes more time than anticipated. Keep in mind that you must always invite more than your target attendance goal, as there will always be drop-off due to traffic (especially in LA), conflicting plans, etc.
- Be Open-Minded – Leave space for change. As planning takes effect, details may change that either pushes your schedule backwards or add time to hours spent on this project. Don’t fret! Just keep moving forward!
- Effectively Communicate – Team work makes the dream work! Be sure to keep your team in the loop on what you’re handling and the corresponding deadlines. When you divide and conquer, you’re more successful!
- Relax – Trust and believe that everything always works out in the end, especially when you have a great team that has your back! Sometimes when you don’t see tons of RSVPs coming in, you panic, but know that it will be okay and it will all come together!