National Nutrition Month: Tips for the Busy Professional
According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, National Nutrition Month is an annual nutrition education and information campaign that focuses on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. Being a food and beverage public relations agency, many of our clients have products that fit perfectly into this theme. While there is no one diet that is right for everyone, it is essential to follow a food lifestyle that’s packed with nutrition, great taste and fits into the lifestyle that one lives. I’ve put together a quick guide to help busy professionals, like publicists and our clients, stay on track with their fitness and health goals while on-the-go
When in doubt, book that workout and GO
It is important to keep your routine even when traveling or during a busy season at work. When you know that you will be gambling your free time, be proactive and book or schedule your workouts. Many studios and classes give members the ability to pre-book classes weeks in advance that makes it easy to commit ahead of time and hard to cancel last minute. Prepare your days with getting workout gear together the night before our creating a schedule that doesn’t allow you to make excuses. Some studios, like Mayweather Boxing & Fitness, makes it easy to stay up to date with classes and the community with an app and email notifications. Staying in a rhythm during your more stressful periods builds consistency and reduces the chance of falling off your physical activity habits.
You are what you eat, be prepared
Many say that a healthy body is comprised of 80% diet and 20% exercise—making the food you eat crucial to a healthy lifestyle. Indulging in sugary treats and snack foods can be hard to stop, so here are options to make eating on the go and in stressful situations a little easier and healthier:
- Sometimes mornings can be so chaotic and stressful, we forget to eat something for the most important meal of the day. Instead, don’t skip breakfast and take CORE Foods’ Organic Probiotic Overnight Oat Bar with you when rushing out the door and don’t have time to make hot oats.
- Instead of a regular chocolate bar, choose Hu Chocolate and enjoy chocolate that has no weird ingredients. All the deliciously unique flavors are free from dairy, GMOs, emulsifiers, soy lecithin, gluten, refined sugar, cane sugar and sugar alcohols.
- Replace tortilla chips withBeanfields and feel good about snacking on a whole bag. With the perfect blend of black and navy beans and a combination of herbs and spices, Beanfields delivers triangular perfection in the form of better-for-you chips that are wholesome, satisfying and positively addicting.
- Prepped meal subscription boxes are all the rage right now and for good reason! With so many out there, it’s pretty easy to find one that fits specific diet needs and lifestyles. For those with very busy lives, sign up for Freshly and have a healthy meal waiting for you at home. The meals are easy and nutritious, so you don’t have to spend time worrying about planning your next meal.
- Swap your generic ice cream and brownie with Base Culture’s Cashew Butter Blondie. Base Culture combines simple ingredients and sweet flavors of caramel and honey to create a soft, cake-like treat that’s topped with crunchy pecan pieces. Satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt—plus they even have it with CBD.
Schedule R & R
Rest is so effective when you are pushing your mind and body all day. It is necessary to give your body time to recoup from busy days and reset for another productive day. Turn off your brain and phone to shut out the noise of everything around you. The iPhone has a fantastic feature that sets your bedtime with reminders and blocks notifications when you should be asleep. As a publicist, I am constantly staying up to date with client notifications, media requests and different breaking news so this feature helps me to unplug and relax. Also, many brands have products to support better sleep, like Xlear’s Xylitol and Saline Nasal Spray to help breath clearly throughout the night or RE Botanicals CBD tinctures to provide instant relief and relaxation for a peaceful night. Having an adequate amount of sleep reduces stress, improves your mood, keeps you at a healthy weight, enhances the immune system and so much more.
Being and staying healthy is more than just an active lifestyle and healthy diet—it takes a 360 effort from all aspects of life. Working with many different better-for-you food and beverage clients makes choosing healthy options a little bit easier when we are prepping for the next trade show or working endless hours to perfect the next client presentation. Life can get crazy, but you only have one body. Treat your body as a temple, and you will be amazed by the power, resilience and grit it will give you in return.