For anyone working at a public relations agency, April Fools’ Day always makes for entertaining Googling to see what wacky stunts various brands are up to for the holiday. With April Fools’ Day landing on Easter Sunday this year, the jokes started early and our social media marketing team started monitoring fun pranks and jokes starting as early as Monday or Tuesday of last week (why regulate the fun to just one day?!). Our very own Konnect client, ONE Brands even took part in the fun by partnering with Real Good Foods to create a ONE Pepperoni Pizza Bar– all while still having 20 grams of protein and only one gram of sugar for the perfect, cheesy PRANK! Through our team’s media outreach, the pepperoni pizza protein bar of your dreams was covered by outlets including The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, Project NOSH, UPROXX, and more! I mean, it does look tasty!!
Beyond this pepperoni prank, there were tons of great brand pranks that caught our publicist eye that we wish were real! In case you missed any of these fun and unique stunts, sit back, relax, recover from your Peeps hangover from Easter weekend and catch up on our top ten favorite picks from April Fools’ Day 2018.
- Amazon Publishing, unfortunately, is not delivering actual authors to your home. We can dream though, right?!
- Fitbit is not really launching a dating app. In giving this one a bit more thought, I think it’s a genius idea!
- Sam’s Club doesn’t have new cryptocurrency called “bulkcoin.” Hello, Bitcoin 2.0 for bargain shoppers.
- Rent The Runway will not have a puppy line. Where will I get a summer sundress for my dog now?!
- There will not be a musical adaptation of Tommy Wiseau’s “The Room” penned by Lin Manuel Miranda. If this changes, I wouldn’t hate it…
- Warby Parker and Arby’s will not be rebranded as “WArby’s” with signature onion ring monacles. While impractical, they do look delicious.
- Walt Disney World will not be selling Kale Churros. At least….not yet!
- Lego does not have a VacuCort for swallowing and sorting lego pieces. But, why?! Mom and Dads everywhere would rejoice!
- You will not able to Facetune your cat’s selfies to get them Instagram-ready. Good thing your kitty is a natural beauty.
- You cannot control your Roku with Happy Streaming Socks. But, if this ever does come through to fruition, I will be the first in line and streaming will never be the same!
What your favorite pranks from April Fools’ Day 2018?? Until next year, happy pranking!