It is no secret that South By Southwest (SXSW) is soon approaching, and while for me that just means keeping up with all of the coverage via my computer here in Los Angeles, for Austin-ites and those lucky enough to be attending, it means exposure to amazing music and an all-around great time. As if the music and lively spirit of Austin were not enough, our client Sweet Leaf Tea has decided to sweeten up the deal with a cool interactive campaign called South By Sweet Spot.
Using the popular technology (and fellow Austin-based company) Gowalla, music and tea-lovers can check in at a variety of “Sweet Spots” around Austin throughout the festival to win some exclusive prizes. Upon checking in, users will be notified that they have arrived at a Sweet Spot and will be automatically entered to win a number of cool swag, including: one of 150 limited edition South By Sweet Spot t-shirts, a SWEET care package with teac, a t-shirt and some Stubb’s BBQ sauce and marinade. Three of the Sweet Spots will even enter users to win a Sweet Leaf Tea backyard bbq for them and 20 of their friends! As if this all was not enough, Gowalla will also be tossing out 2,000 virtual cans for pick up across town.
Really fun and user friendly, this is just another way to enjoy SXSW! To enter to win be sure to check out the below Sweet Spots throughout the festival. Also make sure to be on the lookout for the Sweet Leaf Tea roaming van which also happens to be an entry place.
– Sweet Leaf Tea @ Sweet Leaf Tea HQ – 3601 S. Congress Ave. – 3/11-20/2011 – All Day
– Auditorium Shores @ Auditorium Shores – 950 W. Riverside Dr – 3/11-20/2011 – All Day
– Wholefoods @ Wholefoods HQ’s – 525 N. Lamar Blvd – 3/11-20/2011 – All Day
– PureVolume House @ Coppertank Event Center – 504 Trinity St – 3/11-20/2011 – All Day
– Good Capitalist Party @ Union Park – 612 West 6th St – 3/12/2011 – 6:00PM to 9:00PM
– Austinist Presents: Gonna Get Down VI @ the Mohawk – 912 Red River St – 3/16/2011 – 11:00am – 5:30pm
– EventBrite at Empire Auto @ Empire Automotive – 604 East 7th St – 3/16/2011 – 1:00PM – 6:00pm
– Music by the Slice @ Home Slice Pizza – 1415 S. Congress Ave – All Day
– Rumbler Lounge @ Peckerheads – 402 E. 6th St – 3/16-20/2011 – 12:00pm – 8:00pm
– Sweet Leaf Tea Van @ ROAMING – Where ever there’s fun!
Need more info? For constant updates and news on the South By Sweet Spot be sure to keep up with The Sip blog and Sweet Leaf Tea Facebook and Twitter accounts. Make sure to tell them that your favorite LA Public Relations agency sent you 🙂