Summertime means longer days and more sunlight! Konnect Agency, like many other PR agencies, has been gracious enough to give their employees Summer Fridays, which allows us a few extra hours in the weekend. With those extra hours comes the ability to check some items off our summer bucket list. Read below for a collection of our bucket list items from each of Konnect’s public relations agency offices across the country.
- Launch a lifestyle blog! It’s been something I’ve wanted to do for years and have always put off. I want a creative outlet to share the products I love and my thoughts
- A spontaneous weekend road trip up PCH
- A weekend trip to Catalina Island
- Finally go to a concert in the Hollywood Bowl
- Attend a LA Arboretum & Botanic Garden’s Pasadena Symphony Summer Concert
- A visit to Big Sur
- Hike to the top of Enchanted Rock and make a wish
- Attend movie night on the lawn: Every year Austin hosts movie nights on Thursdays at the local park with food trucks
- Take a bat cruise: On Tuesdays there is a tour on the lake in the middle of the city with food truck food and alcohol to see the bats come out from under the bridge during sunset
- Float Fest: Think a less-expensive version of Coachella with the added benefit of floating down the river with an ice cold Lone Star and your best friends. Then, throw-in live musical acts like ZEDD, Weezer and Mike Jones and you have yourself THE quintessential Texas summer weekend
- Dive into Barton Springs Pool on a hot summer day! It’s the ideal Austin experience. Barton Springs Pool is one of Austin’s famous landmarks and easily the most popular swimming hole in the city. Spring fed, the water temperature averages 70 degrees throughout the year, so enter the pool gingerly.
- Play in a Royal Palms Suffleboard Club tournament
- White Water rafting in the Adirondacks
- Spend July 4th in Philadelphia, the birthplace of America’s Independence
- Finally make it to the Hamptons for a weekend of rest and relaxation!