With Natural Products Expo West Tradeshow less than a month away, the Konnect Public Relations team is super busy with writing press releases, booking media appointments and creating media briefing documents to ensure our clients receive the best results from the show.
This year will mark the 38th Natural Products Expo West which will be taking place from March 8th – 11th. For those unfamiliar with EXPO West, it is the world’s largest natural, organic and healthy products event, that hosts more than 80,000 attendees, including industry pioneers and a new generation of innovators shaping the future of healthy products.
While working on a recent press release for a client it brought me back to the question about the reasons why publicists write and distribute them. I took a moment to sip on my tea and think about the key benefits of a press release, which I have outlined below:
- Larger Distribution – A small or medium business owner with limited resources and budget can get millions of eyes on information about their brand and products. This will often result in a quick pick up from trade publications.
- Industry Expert – Press releases are a great way to build trust and credibility in your category as it gives you the opportunity to brand yourself as a credible business and highlight the unique attributes of your products.
- Correct information – A press release is a great way to ensure media and consumers know exactly who you are you, what you do and why they need you. Additionally, they will often use your verbiage and key messages from the press release when writing their articles.
- Portability and convenience – People can easily read your press release anywhere on the web or on their smartphone.
- Audience target – On the paid wires you can directly target your audience by selecting certain outlets the press release will be posted on. This ensures your new product or company update is seen by the ‘right’ people.
Just remember, a press release is most beneficial when it is well written, contains “newsworthy” information, and targets the right audience.