If you’re new to the industry or seeking to hire a public relations firm for the first time, you may not know what you need in order to help your business grow. Public relations is one of the most misunderstood professions out there and as a result, many people are confused about what public relations can or cannot do.
So, let us help clear up the confusion.
What is Public Relations?
Public relation is an essential tool to help magnify the brand’s visibility and get the right messages to the right places and people. By utilizing the power of public relations, a brand can build a positive reputation with the public through various unpaid and earned communications including traditional media (online and print articles), social media, and in-person engagements. When a crisis occurs and the bad news threatens the brand’s reputation and credibility, public relations can formulate the best response and mitigate the damage. In addition, public relations can help:
- Increase brand awareness and credibility
- Increase profits, sales, and leads
- Re-brand and positively change what people think
- Attract new customers
- Enhance online presence
- Stay relevant and timely in a crowded marketplace
Still unsure? Let’s break it down a little more.
How Can Public Relations Help Your Business?
Public relations can help protect, enhance or build a brand’s reputation through the media. Generate buzz and increase the brand’s awareness through various communication activities which can result in the public thinking about the brand differently and positively.
Here is an overview of key services a public relations agency offers:
- Media Relations – Craft tailor-made campaigns to help promote the brand and secure “earned” media coverage in all aspects including print, radio, broadcast, bloggers, and social media influencers.
- Crisis Communications – When necessary, strategize tactics and perform damage-control on any negative content regarding your brand.
- Event Planning & Management – Facilitate and manage event logistics including creative development and on-site management for offline events, tradeshows, conference, grand opening launches, and influencer events.
- Social Media Marketing – Build communities across social media platforms, help find your brand’s voice through strategic messaging, and engage with consumers directly in real time.
- Content Creation – Craft original content and design graphics on behalf of clients that can be used in internal and external communications, public relations outreach, marketing materials, social media channels and more.
The bottom line is public relations can help get word out about your brand to the target audience whether it’s you, your company, or your products and services.
Now that you understand what public relations
Konnect specializes in food & beverage, franchise, lifestyle, and family brands. We have offices located in Los Angeles, New York, Austin, and now in Denver! We’ve got you covered across all time zones.